Monday, June 28, 2010

Half Birthday Celebration


Today my sweet little girl is two and a half!  She requested an ice cream party so today has been all about ice cream.  We made ice cream cards- one for my great uncle who just had his hip replaced and one for the friendly man who owns the ice cream parlor down the street from us.  I precut cones from sand paper and scoops of ice cream and cherries from construction paper.  Eva glued everything together.
Then we drizzled white glue on the ice cream and added sprinkles.
One will go out in the mail tomorrow.  The other we took down to the parlor after dinner and Eva had a yummy half-birthday treat.
Good stuff!  We also cooled off during the afternoon in Eva's little pool.  Nothing neats the summer heat like a swim!
Now we are unwinding before bed with an episode of Eva's favorite show- Kipper (along with the balloon she picked out today).  I hope she had a great half-birthday.  I still can't believe my baby is getting so big!
abc button

4 comments:

  1. How fun... My twins are 2.5 and it is a great idea to do half bday and celebrate summer since there are so many bday party ideas you can't do if it is in the middle of the cold season.

    http://polwig.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should start celebrating half birthdays, too. With only one child I get to plan one party per year...but half birthdays could change that! By the way, I love her little curls...she's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva's birthday is so close to Christmas that it gets a little lost on the shuffle. I figure by celebrating her half-birthday she gets a little party away from the hustle and bustle of the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those real sprinkles!!! How fun, I know my soon to be four year old would love these cards!

    ReplyDelete