Monday, June 7, 2010

Dog Puppet

We transformed an ordinary white business envelope into a Woofer puppet this afternoon.  To begin I sealed the envelope, folded it in half with the sealed part on the inside and cut a slit along the outside fold.  Eva colored the inside with a red crayon and glued in a tongue.
Then we glued on a piece of black construction paper cut to look like Woofer's mask and ears and a black circle for the nose.  Googly eyes completed our mini-Woof.
You can slide your fingers into the envelope slit and make the mouth open and close.
I think the resemblance is uncanny!
abc button

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute and I like how you ended up making your dog as an envelope version. I imagine the movable parts are really fun for little fingers to play with. This is so cute and my daughter has a huge thing for puppies so we might have to try this. I think I even have all the materials on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just so cute!!!!! And thanks for visiting my blog, I have really enjoyed looking at yours, became your follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That puppet is incredibly adorable. She did a nice job with it.

    ReplyDelete