Friday, January 21, 2011

Marshmallow Igloo

We've taken off from Antarctica and headed up to the Arctic regions.  It's just as cold but more people live here.  We read this book as an introduction to the people who call the Arctic region home:
I Is for Inuksuk: An Arctic Celebration
and then we made an igloo.  To begin, I cut a styrofoam ball in half and glued it to a paper plate.  Eva then went to work dipping mini marshmallows in white glue and sticking them all over the dome.
When she had the whole thing covered (or as close to covered as she was willing to get it and still have marshmallows left to snack on), I added a few marshmallows to one end to make the entrance and our igloo was complete!

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! Your daughter is off to a great start! I love your blog. Thanks for sharing your ideas. I have a friend who teaches preschool who would love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I passed on a blogger award to you today! http://childcentralstation.blogspot.com/2011/01/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. this little igloo is so cute! Eva must've had fun making it. It's always nice to have a little snack left over. I've linked up to your post on my weekly favorites here: http://play2grow.blogspot.com/2011/01/weekly-favorites-for-january-23-2011.html Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete