Monday, January 10, 2011

Footprint Penguins

I love these adorable penguins!  I still have the ones that Eva made last year hanging up.  This year we made them to use as thank you cards for Eva's birthday presents.  She insisted on a penguin theme for her party (big surprise there!) so these cuties were the perfect way to wrap it up.  I painted the bottom of her foot with black paint leaving a small patch unpainted.  I also dabbed a little orange paint on two of her toes.  She pressed her foot down on white card stock and the penguin appeared!  Once they were dry she added googly eyes and an orange foam beak (I cut the triangles from foam stickers she had so they would adhere without needing glue.)  I hope the recipients find them as cute as I do!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were on ABC&123! You have an awesome blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you through Tot Tuesday. These are adorable! My son had a penguin themed birthday party last year for his 1st birthday. http://adventuringsmiths.blogspot.com/2010/01/trentons-first-birthday-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter JUST brought this home on Monday from preschool! They are adorable. Such a good idea to make thank you cards out of them.

    ReplyDelete