Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hissssssssssssssss

If Eva had to pick a favorite animal at the zoo, it would be Daisy.  Daisy is a beautiful yellow python and she is a must see every time we go to the zoo.

In honor of Daisy, we made a hanging snake craft.  I started out by cutting out a large circle from a sheet of construction paper.  Then I cut a spiral in it but in hindsight I probably should have waited until after Eva painted it to do so because it made it very wiggly.
Then Eva stamped white spots on it with an old bottle brush.
When she dried, we added eyes and a tongue.  (Did you know snakes don't smell with their noses but use their tongues to smell instead?  We learned that at zoo school on Saturday.)  Isn't she pretty?

2 comments:

  1. So adorable! I love a girl that can enjoy a good snake, go Eva! Great job on all these animal adventures, I can't wait until Regan is old enough to be excited about this stuff!

    --ps, snakes have nostrils, because they need to breathe, they do however use their tongue to "smell". (I'm a stickler for this kind of stuff, because I was a Zoology major)

    ~BitsyKelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered what those holes were for! Thanks for clearing that up for us!

    ReplyDelete