Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gone Fishin'

We've kicked off the week by making our own fishing game.  To begin, I drew some fish on a piece of white paper and Eva painted them with watercolors.
While they dried, Eva then used finger paint to create the sea for the fish to swim in.
She used her fingers to draw squiggly waves and then we sprinkled some white glitter on for some added sparkle.  It ended up taking all night for the sea to dry but we were able to get in some early morning fishing today.
The fishing pole was made by wrapping twine around a large tongue depressor and hot gluing a magnet to the end of the twine.  I also added numbers to the fish to help reinforce numeral recognition.  Go fish!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I posted on a fishing game, too! Mine was for my 7 year old niece, so I made some cards for her to practice her math. I thought she could also use them to teach her two year old sister her numbers! If you'd like, you can see it here. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! We totally used to play this fishing game as kids, and I had a set when I taught school too. I love that you made your own pond!!

    Alison
    http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!! and seems very easy to put together. Can't wait to try it with my son!

    ReplyDelete