Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hello Mr. Octopus

Today was all about our eight-legged friend.  To make an octopus we started by tracing Eva's fingers.  I started along the side of her hand near her pinky and traced around all four fingers but not the thumb.  Next, she put her other hand down next to what we already traced and I traced around these four fingers.  To finish, I connected the two hands with a curve.
We then flipped the paper over and Eva used markers to decorate.  She decided to make spots today.  (I flipped the paper over because I didn't want the extra tracing marks on the front of the octopus.)
When she was done adding the spots, I cut out the octopus and put little dots of glue along each tentacle so Eva could add the suction cups (aka Cheerios).
Now we have a fun little octopus friend!  I think I need to make an ocean for him to swim in.

4 comments:

  1. This is so, so cute, and so manageable for even the littlest ones! Thanks so much for a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Adding this to our list of activities for my home day care!

    Lindsey @ GrowingKidsMinistry.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. O is the letter of the week in my class!

    ReplyDelete