Friday, October 15, 2010

Five Little Pumpkins

Five Little Pumpkins (Harper Growing Tree)
Five little pumpkins, sitting on a gate
The first one said, "Oh my, it's getting late."
The second one said, "There are witches in the air."
The third one said, "But I don't care."
The fourth one said, "Let's run and run and run."
The fifth one said, "I'm ready for some fun."
Then OOOOOOOO went the wind
and out went the light
And five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.
-Author Unknown
Eva loves this poem so when I saw the book I had to pick it up for her.  We read it several times a day and today we made puppets to go along with it.  I cut out five pumpkins from orange card stock and Eva drew the faces on them.

When she was done I used packing tape to stick green craft sticks to the back of them.  Now we can act out the poem!
We also made a super simple pumpkin using a roll of toilet paper, a sheet of orange tissue paper and some green card stock.  First Eva wrapped the toilet paper in tissue paper tucking the ends into the roll.
Then we rolled up a piece of green card stock and pushed it into the roll too.
We added a leaf and then placed the pumpkin in our little indoor patch.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I'm stopping by from friday's blog hop and I'm your newest follower. I am also a stay at home Mom of two girls and I enjoy meeting other Moms.
    Your blog is adorable and I see you like doing a lot of crafts and things with your children as well. Hope you'll stop by to say hi and consider following me back!
    Have a great weekend!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the toilet paper pumpkins ~ so simple! Thanks for stopping by my blog ~ looking forward to seeing more of yours! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete