While she can read and spell them, she does not know how to write them yet. (The only word I've actually taught her how to write is "love" so that she could sign birthday cards for family members.) The other day I sat down with her and wrote down the words she can both read and spell to make a chart to help her learn to write those words.
- use a pointer to point and read the words
- I say a word and Eva points to it
- take the words out and spread them on the table then Eva closes her eyes and I hide a sticker under one of the words; she then has to read a word and then look under it to try and find the prize
- trace the words with her finger
- take a word and make it with magnetic letters
- take a word and stamp it with alphabet stamps
As she learns new words I'll remove some of the really well known ones and put the new ones in their place.
Love your word wall ideas... especially the sticker one. What a fun game!ReplyDelete