Thursday, August 19, 2010

Touch and Spell


In honor of the sense of touch, I made these word cards for Eva to use to help her practice writing.  Given that she is only two, this is more for exposure than anything else, but she can write her name and she can read Mommy, Daddy and Woofer so I thought it can't hurt!  I wrote the words on pieces of card stock and then traced over them with glitter glue.  When they were dry, Eva was able to use her finger to trace over them and feel the texture.
Easy to make and they sparkle so they were an instant hit.
abc button

3 comments:

  1. Great idea. Puff paint would work great too! Do they still make puff paint???
    By the way, I'm visiting from the Friday Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I'm not here from the Friday Blog Hop. I'm visiting because I saw your post in my Google Reader. Sorry about that. I got confused!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to incorporate feel of touch!

    ReplyDelete