This year Eva wanted to be a mummy for Halloween. And not just any mummy, a "purple girl mummy". This costume was actually pretty easy to make. I cut out a pattern for a dress (because "purple girl mummies" wear dresses) by tracing one of Eva's tunic style dresses. Eva picked out a lovely shade of lilac muslin for the dress and after cutting out the pieces I ripped the rest into strips. (I used 3 yards but had about 1/2 a yard left over). Before sewing the pieces of the dress together, I tacked on the strips, just zig zagging them down the fabric as I sewed leaving a few strips hanging down. Then I sewed everything together and used fray check to keep the strips from unraveling further. I saved one long strip of muslin to wrap around her head.
She loves it and I think she's the cutest "purple girl mummy" ever!