Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Play Dough Planting

It's not quite planting season for us here yet but we still can have flowers!  I came upon this post at Teach Preschool and knew it would be a big hit.  I made a batch of play dough and added a mix of food coloring to turn it brown.  (I also sprinkled in some cocoa to make it smell nice!)  Using some flower pots and bunches of Dollar Store flowers, Eva started planting.
So much fun!  Eva was so into it, she climbed up onto the window seat to get comfy and played for half an hour arranging and rearranging to flowers.

8 comments:

  1. Next time we will add brown play dough too! I love the idea of adding cocoa - this will make the whole room smell good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I'll let my three youngest daughters try it with my supervision after I add floral fragrance oil (leftover from soapmaking) to the dough. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea. I'm going to try this with my little ones!
    http://littlewondersdays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. flower arranging is such a great idea. Can't wait to see your tulips. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea! I featured you recently on my weekly Do Something! post. Thanks for sharing with everybody!

    Rachele @ Messy Kids

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete