Thursday, July 29, 2010

Outdoor Exploration Station

It was a gorgeous day so we moved the exploration station outside.  Eva was able to examine all the neat things she collected on our hike yesterday, as well as a bird's nest her grammy found for her.
We worked on the concept of biggest to smallest using the five acorns Eva found.  She did a lot better with this than I expected!
We also made some leaf rubbings.  I ended up doing the rubbing and then Eva had to match the leaf to it's print.
There is nothing like enjoying nature out in the "wild".
abc button


  1. Okay seriously - would you get this all into a spiral bound book so I can buy it from you? You seriously need to write a curriculum - well just publish this one. I bought a curriculum online for Luke and it was not nearly as interactive or GOOD as yours. Dude - you need to do this!!

  2. Thanks Kristi! Dave and I were actually talking about this at dinner tonight- I'll have to get on it!

  3. Such a great way to get kids to love nature. I plan on having a nature themed unit as soon as the weather starts to cooperate and get a little cooler. Your pictures have gotten me excited for fall!