Monday, March 15, 2010

Potato Prints

It's hard to think of Ireland without thinking of potatoes.  In order to incorporate them into our St. Patrick's Day festivities we used them to create cards to send to the grandparents.  I cut a small potato in half and then used a tiny heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut a shamrock shape into the potato.  I then took a knife and cut around the edge of the potato about 1mm from the edge and only as deep as the shamrock.  The outside pieces then popped right off leaving a raised shamrock for stamping.
I pushed a few toothpicks into the outside of the potato to give Eva a little more to hang on to and she dipped the stamp into green paint and went to town.

We left them to dry and will be writing messages in them tomorrow.
Eva also got her daily play dough fix with a fresh batch of green play dough that I made using this recipe- the best I've found yet and a shamrock cookie cutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment